As a premiere custom home builder in the Minneapolis/St. Paul Metro, we pride ourselves in attracting the best talent. At Gonyea Companies we feel good about our work, put quality, safety, and value first for both our clients and our employees. We offer a great collaborative company culture, competitive benefits, 401k matching and more!
We are looking for a Purchasing Coordinator to work in a collaborative, fun, and energetic environment. The Purchasing Coordinator will estimate/procure accurate pricing for initial house cost and option pricing, maintain a positive attitude, demonstrate professional communications with clients, vendors, partners, and other team members.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with purchasing team to complete the estimating and pricing needs of the company.
- Input original direct costs budgets, input and analyze variance costs per job.
- Data entry and analyze bids for completeness and accuracy. Validate vendor material takeoffs and ensure bids are accurate.
- Collaborate with purchasing team to research new materials for design and cost savings.
- Leverage technology and information sharing to increase productivity and profitability.
- Assist Accounting in invoice reconciliation.
- Price out material selections and change orders as requested by Designers and Project Managers.
- Maintain and implement an estimating database to provide real time cost pricing on all plans and options.
- Be organized and process driven
- Maintain a positive and professional relationship with all potential and existing trade associates
- May be required to cross train for position(s) within the division organizational structure from time to time, as required
Education & Additional Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED required, construction management degree or equivalent experience preferred
- 3 – 5 year’s minimum relevant experience, preference in the construction industry
- Experience with Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint; Buildertrend or similar software
- Valid driver’s license and insured vehicle
- Primarily a sedentary office position which requested the ability to occasionally bend, stoop, reach. Lift, move, and carry office materials and supplies weighing 25lbs or less
- Requires clarity of vision at 20 inches or less (near vision)
- Requires finger dexterity, repetitive motion, talking and hearing
- 85% of time requires viewing and working at computer screen
- Significant work pace & pressure due to deadlines
- Local travel 5%