The Production Assistant assists the Project Manager to complete construction projects through erosion control, positioned signage, enforcing safety requirements, managing subcontractors, climate control, and a clean job site. The Production Assistant will maintain a positive attitude that promotes teamwork through collaborative work with fellow employees and professional communication with external clients, vendors, and partners.
- Manage erosion control at job site.
- Ensure signage is in place for all projects.
- Maintains safe, secure and healthy work environment by following and enforcing standards, procedures, and compliance with legal regulations.
- Monitors and manages subcontractor’s performance.
- Works with subcontractors to ensure the job site is clean and presentable at all times during the project.
- Ensure that climate control is acceptable in project homes including working furnace, air conditioning and humidity control as required.
- High School Diploma or GED, 2-year relevant vocational degree preferred
- 0 – 2 year’s minimum relevant experience in the construction industry
- Experience with Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Builder-trend preferred.
- Ability to read blueprints
- Valid driver’s license and insured vehicle
WORKING CONDITIONS: Physical Requirements & Equipment Use
- Requires working outside 30% of the time, of that 20% in extreme temperatures
- Medium work, exerting up to 50 lbs. of force
- Excessive Noise 10% of the time
- Exposure to safety and other hazards 30% of the time
- Requires clarity of vision at 20 inches or less (near vision) and ability to identify/distinguish colors.
- Requires fingering, repetitive motion, talking and hearing.
- Significant work pace & pressure due to deadlines
- Local travel 40%
AUTHORITY and RESPONSIBILITY
In this position, the employee is accountable for their performance and will have sufficient authority delegated to them to complete their tasks and meet their objectives.