Human Resource Generalist
The Human Resource Generalist is responsible for performing HR related duties on a professional level in some or all of the following functional areas: recruiting/employment, employee relations, training, benefits administration, performance management, onboarding, policy implementation, employment law compliance. The Human Resource Generalist will maintain a positive attitude that promotes teamwork through collaborative work with fellow employees and professional communication with external clients, vendors, and partners.
- Responsible for talent acquisition and successfully coordinate the hiring process to ensure consistency and efficiency. Support and work with the Hiring Managers to select the best candidates and provide an exceptional experience for candidates.
- Consult with hiring managers on talent market information, hiring trends and recruiting best practices
- Performs hiring needs analysis meeting and perform candidate sourcing and screening.
- Identify what resources should be used to attract passive and active candidates in the construction industry
- Builds applicant sources by researching and contacting community organizations, higher education establishments, search firms, recruiters, media, and internet sites; providing organization information, opportunities, and benefits; making presentations, maintain rapport
- Conduct initial interviews, make recommendations to the hiring manager and coordinate interviews with hiring manager and interview team.
- Coordinate all pre-hire activities, offers and on-boarding meetings and paperwork.
- Administers health and benefit plans, including enrollments, changes and terminations. Processes required documents through payroll and insurance providers to ensure accurate record-keeping and proper deductions. Reconciles benefit statements and audit payroll benefit premiums. Perform year-end 401k and ACA reporting.
- Coaches, counsels and guides managers before executing employee disciplinary actions. Manage and assist management in the termination process.
- Manages the quarterly and annual review process to ensure managers and employees understand the process and follow through to ensure equity across the company
- Maintains Company HRIS system and payroll. Ensure employee change notices are completed for all personnel changes and updated in systems.
- Prepare required correspondence when requested, such as written and verbal employment verifications.
- Maintain employee personnel files to ensure legal compliance. Complete I-9 forms and background checks for all new hires. Maintain an HRIS, Paylocity and PTO system.
- Work with all levels in the Company to Provide timely assistance to team members regarding all areas of HR.
- Manage workers compensation and unemployment related activities.
- Oversee the preparation of special events such as Company celebrations with the employee involvement team.
- Ensure Employee Handbook is updated regularly and distributed to employees.
- BA/BS in Human Resources or related discipline or equivalent work experience
- 3 – 5 years Human Resource experience
- 2 year’s minimum recruiting/staffing experience, preference in the construction industry.
- Excellent computer skills, including a high degree of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Demonstrates a high level of confidentiality
- SHRM-CP certification preferred
- Light work, exerting up to 20 lbs. of force or less.
- Requires clarity of vision at 20 inches or less (near vision) and ability to identify/distinguish colors.
- Requires repetitive motion, talking and hearing.
- 85% of time requires viewing and working at a computer screen
- Significant work pace & pressure due to deadlines